HOW WE’RE KEEPING YOU SAFE
We’re taking the utmost precautions to keep our patients, our clinicians and our associates safe & healthy throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here Are Some of the Changes We’re Making at INNOVA to Keep Everyone Safe
Patient Screening Procedures
We’ve implemented new screening procedures to keep us all safe.
Prior to being allowed into the clinic, all patients, visitors and staff will be thoroughly screened and must answer NO to ALL of the following questions:
- Do you have a fever, new onset of cough, worsening chronic cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing?
- Did you have close contact with anyone with acute respiratory illness or travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
- Do you have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Do you have two (2) or more of the following symptoms: sore throat, runny nose/sneezing, nasal congestion, hoarse voice, difficulty swallowing, decreased or loss of smell, chills, headaches, unexplained fatigue/malaise, diarrhea, abdominal pain, or nausea/vomiting?
- Are you over the age of 65 and experiencing any of the following: delirium, falls, acute functional decline, or worsening of chronic conditions?
- If YES is answered to any of the above questions, that individual cannot come into the clinic for a minimum of 14 days. Virtual appointments would be recommended at this time. Please call your local public health unit and/or telehealth: 1-866-797-0000.
Clinic & Staff Guidelines and Procedures
Our clinic will use the following guidelines & procedures to keep us all safe.
- NO walk-in patients are to be accepted at this time. Patients need to call the clinic and be screened appropriately.
- Patients will be directed to wait outside or in their cars until their appointment time. Waiting room is limited to patients checking out.
- Self check-in is available. Please refer to the sign posted on the main doors of the building for scanning and checking in instructions. Please self check-in as soon as you arrive so your practitioner is aware that you are here. If your practitioner can see you earlier they will call you up. Otherwise, please do not come up earlier than your scheduled time.
- Patients are instructed to come alone to appointments. If someone has accompanied them, that individual must wait for them outside the clinic.
- Payment at the clinic is not to be accepted. This should be done PRIOR TO COMING IN. Patients will be asked to e-transfer payment at least ONE DAY BEFORE their appointment to: [email protected], or have their credit card on file for contactless billing. All receipts will be emailed at this time. Copies of receipts can also be accessed on the patients Jane account.
- Practitioners will NOT shake hands to greet patients.
- Where possible, practitioner treatments should be those that incorporate social distancing.
- Practitioners and patients should always direct their faces in opposite directions. Even during speaking.
- Practitioners will use appropriate PPE: ie: gloves, face masks during patient encounters.
- SANITIZATION PROCEDURES BETWEEN PATIENTS. 1. Practitioners will wash their hands immediately for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap before directing the patient out of the clinic. 2. Practitioners will immediately clean any area used by the patient with disinfectant wipes or sprays (table sprays for treatment tables). This includes any equipment, treatment tables, door handles and any other item used. 3. Practitioners will thoroughly wash their hands AGAIN for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap. 4. Hand sanitizer should then be applied.
- Practitioners are required to wear a set of clean clothes during their shift. They are recommended to change out of those clothes at the end of the shift for commute home and clothing worn during their shift is to be washed and not reused.
- SANITIZATION PROCEDURES DURING THE DAY AND END OF DAY – MANDATORY FOR EACH PRACTITIONER AFTER THEIR SHIFT. 1. Deep clean all other areas of the clinic that are “traffic areas”. This includes reception desk, and other clinic areas. 2. End of day deep clean over and above COVID-19 protocol of treatment area used throughout the shift. 3. Cleaning is to be done with disinfectant wipes and/or sprays.
Patient Guidelines and Procedures
Here’s how our patients can help keep us all safe.
- Patients are to wait outside of the clinic and will be allowed access only during their scheduled appointment times.
- Patients only will be allowed access to the clinic. If someone has accompanied them they will need to wait outside of the clinic.
- Patients should limit the number of items brought into the clinic to bare minimums.
- Patients will be required to review and sign a specialized consent form that verifies the answer to all COVID-19 screening questions is NO prior to EACH VISIT.
- Patients are required to e-transfer payments PRIOR to their appointment to: [email protected].
- Patients will be required to use hand sanitizer on all areas of hands and wrist before being moved to the treatment area.
- Patients are asked to wear face masks when entering the clinic.
- Patients should not touch their faces during their appointments.
- If patients need to cough or sneeze at any point, they are to advise the practitioner as soon as possible and direct it into a tissue or their sleeve at the elbow. They will then be required to sanitize again.
- Patients should at no time even during speaking, direct their faces towards practitioners, but instead away from them.
Click here to download a copy of our clinic guidelines & procedures.
If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch with us using any of the options listed on our Contact Us page.